Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with acute bronchitis. Had negative elisa at 3 months post oral sex. HIV symptom?

I recieved oral sex 8 months ago. At 21/2 weeks I tested neg witg Elisa test at 3 months I tested neg with rapid test. I ve been feeling fine until recently when I started to get sick and was diagnosed with Acute Bronchitis . I am worried now because even though my test were negative. I read somewhere that acute bronchitis is a symptom of HIV . Is this true and can I rely on my negative tests, thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

The chances of getting HIV through oral sex is negligible.
Moreover your HIV test after 3 months of your risky sex contact is also negative. So you need not worry about HIV at all. Acute bronchitis can occur to anybody. Get treated for the same by your physician, you will be alright.

Get well soon.
Dr S.murugan
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor