Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with a TSH of 9.8, T3 and T4 normal. Having no symptoms. Can I conceive?

Hi, I have been diagnosed with a TSH of 9.8, my T3 and T4 levels are within normal range. However, I have no symptoms of Hypothyroidism , my BMI is 16.9(it has always been this range, I am 28 years old female.). I have extremely normal periods, don t feel tired or fatigued. Normal healthy person. My question is I want to conceive and do I need to take the medication for Hypothyroidism, as I don t see any symptoms.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  220
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das

Look, your TSH is very high. It indicates hypothyroidism.

In this condition, it will be very difficult to conceive. For better result, you have to be treated for hypothyroidism.

So, take the thyroxine group of drug for hypothyroidism. It will help you to conceive.

Answered: Sat, 2 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor