Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Urine infection, increased level of pus cells, has BP issue and diabetes. Suggestion?

Hi My father is diagnosed with Urine infection. Problem they said is because of the increased level of pus cells.
This happened before first time around 8 month back, he taken all adviced medication and the problem was solved than, but again occured after 3 months. Than he thought might be problem is not diagonsed properly he took second opinion and medication which again removed the infection. But this happened again third time to him now, he is having a history of blood pressure and diabeties and taking medication for that. Also when this problem occur it comes after fever for 3-4 days. Any suggestion what might be the problem and any possible cures for this.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for query.
As you say your father is diabetic and hypertensive,chances of recurrent UTI is always there,in my opinion-
Consult a doctor and see is his sugar and blood pressure is control or not.
done urine culture and sensitivity test,for proper antibiotic coverage.
take plenty of water orally.
Usg also done.
take care
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
There can be various reasons for recurrent UTI in your father and the cause must be established and then a  proper treatment given.
1.. Uncontrolled diabetes results in lowering of immunity in the person and also the sugar in urine makes it a favourable place for bacteria to grow .
2.. There could be obstruction to the urine like kidney stones or prostate enlargement.This obstruction impedes the flow of urine making it more susceptible for infection.
Chronic prostate infections are difficult to treat because antibiotics are unable to treat infected prostate tissue effectively.Men with PROSTATITIS often require long term treatment by a carefully selected antibiotic.
Do the following....
Control the blood sugar levels meticulously.
Run tests like IVP,ULTRASOUND ABDOMEN,CYSTOSCOPY etc for finding any obstruction.
Get urine culture and sensitivity done and start a proper antibiotic therapy for a long time.
In case any obstruction is found,that should be treated.
I hope it helps.
Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
With what information you have provided your father is Diabetic and Hypertension and had repeated UTI.
In UTI it is important to identify organism that caused infection and treat completely depending on the report of culture and sensitivity report.
It is not clear that urine culture was done or he was just treated empirically.
UTI are common in Diabetic but he should keep blood sugar level to optimal level.
He should be investigated for obstruction like BPH and kidney stones, for which get his Ultrasonography and consult Urologist for BPH.
If there are pus cell and bacterial culture is negative then possibility of Renal tuberculosis should be explored.
Once the diagnosis is confirmed it can be treated accordingly.
Please take care.
Good Luck
Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor