Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis, knee joint in bad condition. Acton prolongatum injection sounds apt?

My mother aged 55 is being diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis for last 5 years. Her left knee joint is in pretty bad condition where the doctor have given her medicines like HCQS, Sazo, Osteokit, Alanz and lot more. She is stable but without much improvement. After lot many X-Ray’s the doctor says she won’t recover much for the better as the joints have deteriorated bad and if things get worse have to consider knee replacement . Currently, the doctor have prescribed an injection Acton Prolongatum daily for next 4 weeks after which every alternate days for next 4 weeks and then once a week for the next 4 weeks with a checkup after 1 month. He has also prescribed oral tablets such as Lasilactone, Oncotrex. Also Folvite as she is suffering with low hemoglobin count. Request you to suggest with the treatment and if Acton Prolongatum injection is fine for her without much side effects? Advance thank you for your response. Sourav. Details: 1. Name: Kinnari Pal (Mother) 2. Age: 55 Yrs 3. Address: 24, Ramgarh Road, Dakshineswar, Kolkata -0000 4. Contact number: +91 0000
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Prolongatum injection is for muscle building and weakness.Steroid injections may be suggested for injection within knee itself(intra-articular) for symptomatic relief.Oral medicines should continue.Sometimes intra-articular injections provide relief of symptoms but in case, there is advanced destruction already within joint, surgery may be a better option
Answered: Mon, 16 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor