Diagnosed with PVC, want to start smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol. Is that advisable?

I have been diagnosed with PVCs. They only occur a couple times a week and are always isolated, never more than 2 in a row. I really want to start smoking marijuana or drinking alcohol again but I am unsure of whether either of those things will exacerbate the PVCs and also lead to something more serious. What information can you provide me on the effects of THC and alcohol on PVCs
Mon, 1 Jul 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. Marijuana has a lot of effects on the heart and exacerbating PVCs have been reported in some case studies. I believe that alcohol can also make the condition worse in combination with marijuana. The following stimulants, conditions and triggers may increase your risk of premature ventricular contractions:
- Marijuana
- Caffeine
- Alcohol
- Tobacco
- Exercise
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Anxiety
- Underlying heart disease, including congenital heart disease, coronary artery disease, heart attack, myocarditis and cardiomyopathy.

I also think that you might need to consult a doctor to make sure that you have nothing serious going on and get yourself educated about the effects of alcohol and THC on PVCs.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!