Diagnosed with PCOS. Outcomes on pregnancy?

Hi, Dr. Lundi My name is Brooke Daniels. I have been diagnoised with PCOS and I am here trying to chat with you today because my fiance and I are looking forward to having a beautiful healthy baby. We would like to know any outcomes that could possibly happen in the terms of my pregnancy. If I am even able to get pregnant..
Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Hello
PCOS is an extremely common condition and more and more women are being diagnosed with it. If you are not overweight and your periods are regular (monthly cycles), you have a good chance of pregnancy with no treatment and good pregnancy outcomes. Chances of pregnancy will also vary with your age and your partner's semen analysis.
If you are overweight, you will need to reduce weight and may need some medication. If it is found that you are not ovulating and do not have regular cycles, your doctor may put you on medication to hapelp you ovulate. A lot is available for treatment nowadays with good success rates.
The best way forward is to see your doctor who will advice you after taking a good history and doing further tests.
Hope that helps.