Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Hbsag B chronic affecting lungs. Serious, lifelong treatment?

Hi I am suffering from HBS ag B Chronic virus which would affect my lungs. I dont have any symptoms on it. My Test Report states that HbsAg Value is 4288 and Result is Reactive. I have several questions regarding it.. 1) Am I in a crtical situation where immediate treatment is requires. pls explain what is my condition now. 2) Food habits I need to follow in this condition. 3) I am unmarried. Shouldn t I get married. Is there any problems in it as this virus also spreads through sex. 4) Should I take a life long treatment..... Am i permanent patient.... Please clarify
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
HBSAg may affect your lungs in following ways. 1. Infection in immunocompromised. 2. Hepatopulmonary syndrome. 3. Portopulmonary hypertension. Though infection may occur anytime, the other 2 syndromes may occur over long term. Observe for the following ill health - breathlessness on exertion, fainting/syncope episodes, worsening of jaundice, vomiting along with Cough.
Answered: Thu, 5 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor