Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Endoscopic bone spurs. Is it advisable to do the surgery?

endoscopic surgical bone spurs 08/17/89 injury w/Special Funds 25-A carrier in NY - needing second opinion from 02/06/13 consultation w/my surgeon Dr John Abrahams of West Harrison Brain- Spine Institute of NY. Says that doing surgery repair on bone spurs would be not advised in recovery. W/ CT Scan of Feb 1 available w/ MRI of 2009 an additional MRI 2010 - NEEDING NY WCB contractual evaulation referrals on second opinions - suggestion?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The presence of bone spurs do not need a surgery if these are asymptomatic. In case the spurs are actively growing and are showing the symptoms of compression then surgery is recommended.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Wed, 27 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor