Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with DM2, has hypertension and TAH since years, on Alloric for elevated uric acid level. How can I control blood sugar level?

HELLO my mom is a newly diagnosed DM2.she is a known case of HTN since 9 yrs and her TAH was done 6yrs her uric acid raises from 9,7.5, to 8.4 frequently so she is on the tab ALLORIC 10mg.. but my main query is dat wat should i do now to controll her newly detected rais3ed level of blkood sugar.As her BSR-138, BSF-161, BS PP-134 and her HbA1C-POOOR CONTROL... my physician is insiting on just diet controll,which i am not so satisfied,,here, i am waiting for your expert advice,,thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your mother should try to control her blood sugar levels by diet control and daily walk.
If she is overweight,then she can be put on a insulin sensitizers drug called as METFORMIN 500 mg twice a day.She should be monitored regularly for her diabetic status.
You can discuss with your doctor regarding the drug I mentioned above.
Make it a point that her BP and diabetes should be meticulously controlled.
Don't forget about the control of her uric acid which is equally important.
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor