Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with BHP, urgency to pee. Is plasma turp surgery the only option ?

I have been diagnosed with BHP and my doctor wants to do Plasma Turp sugery. my symptoms are a strong urge to pee, feel like I can't empty my bladder,hurts after ejaculation, [stings ], . Iam only peeing 8 times a day and ican make it through the night without getting up to pee. will this ever get better? or is surgery the only option? Flowmax helps but don't know if I should continue using it only to prolong surgery . How bad do things need to get to warrant surgery? should Ijust live with this ,[will it get worse?] , or should I consider surgery? Help
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

TURP is a procedure where an instrument is inserted up the urethra to remove the section of the prostate that is blocking the urine flow.

It is considered if there is no response to conservative treatment of BPH such as flomax, avodart.
As with any surgical procedure there are potential risks, these are issues that may or may not occur.

You would have to look at the degree of symptoms that you are experiencing and the impact on your life. If the effects of the BPH even with the use of flomax, are intolerable, then you may want to consider having the procedure done.

I hope this helps
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor