Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Azoospermia, Doppler test showed grade 1 reflux, recommended test tube baby. Will microscopic surgery cure grade 1 reflux?

Dear Sir, I am married close to 2 years now and my wife didn t concieve. We underwent certain tests suggested by the doctors which showed absence of sperm in my semen & I have Azoospermia . My Dr. told me to do a testis doppler 1st to see if there s damage on it. The result came as Grade I reflux causing azoospermia. Then my Dr. immediately suggested me to go for a test tube baby and said theres no other option apart from it, which we are little hesitant about due to cost factors. My semen volume is only 0.5 ml & my harmones tests are all normal. I heard a microscopic surgery would cure the Grade I reflux. Is it possible to cure it through that surgery or is there an alternate way(siddha, homeo or allopathy thru medicines) for me to plan for a child. Kindly suggest. Regards, Vijay
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
thanks for writing in to HCM

1. grade 1 reflux really does not require surgery

2 As your hormones are normal - check the semen count at least on 3 occasions to confirm azoospermia

3 Microsurgery will be of use only when you have a obstructive azoospermia - you can recheck with a urologist and confirm the type of azoospermia and plan ahead

hope to have answered your query
dr nandita thakkar
Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Infertility Specialist Dr. Dattaprasad's  Response
First of all how many times semen analysis was done. Azoospermia is diagnosed when at least two semen samples with at least 2 days of abstinence show absence of sperm. If it is the case (& as told by you that your hormone tests are normal, only Gr I reflux on doppler which is unlikely to be cause of azoospermia) its better to evaluate whether its due to some obstruction or reduced sperm production. In any case ICSI( test tube baby) is best option to conceive. But make sure before going for ICSI that doctor can get sperm from your testes by biopsy (Fine needle aspiration/biopsy: Called as TESA.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor