Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Adult Perthes in right hip/femor bone. Methods to relieve pain?

Good Morning -- I have recently been diagnosed with Adult Perthes in right hip / femor bone.Can u suggest some method to relieve my pain.MY orthopedic surgeon will book me for hip replacement (4 mo wait). But I would like to be able to use a drug that won t harm my kidneys or liver in the mean time. I appreciate your answer -- is there a fee for this service? Sincerely Barbara Hamilton
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

For pain management in your case are medicines and physiotherapy.
Pain killer affects kidney and liver if they are taken for long time. You should not be worried in taking for short duration and SOS basis.
Besides this You should do exercises, swimming and cycling. Traction ,Crutches,Brace will also help you.
Don't worry and focus more on physiotherapy for reducing pain.
Get well soon.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Manjeth Kumar G's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.From Your query i understood that you are suffering from the Adult perthes disease and seeking for better pain killer for pain.

Perthes disease is due to the loss of blood supply to your right hip bone joint.
It is thought that this is due to temporary blood cut off in the femoral head due to change in blood clotting mechanisms.
This blood cutoff lead to the death of bone cells in femoral bone head (ie.. Thigh bone)
Until surgery, you need both Pain killers and Physiotherapy to relieve your pain as well as to prevent the further damage.
Intra articular injection of steroids may be helpful.
Aminoacetophen upto 1g per day upto 4 times may be helpful.

Hope this helps.
Take care.

Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor