Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed hyperthyroidism, suggested thyroid scan. I don t want to take medications their any natural alternatives? diet plan?

I was recently diagnosed with, hyperthyroidism. my endocrinologist scheduled me for a thyroid can with uptake. My question is, what do I need to do as far as my diet to prepare for my thyroid scan. Further more, I don't want to take medications to decrease my overactive thyroid. Are their any natural alternatives that I can use, to prevent taking medications.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Thank for asking to HCM
The Thyroid radio scanning ( Radio uptake) have not any special preparation prior to scanning, it is better to keep your self nil by mouth just 4 hours before testing, you will be informed, so do not worry for this, there is no alternative treatment available for thyroid dysfunction, have nice day.
Answered: Mon, 14 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor