Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed hydrosalphinx and PCOD. Had miscarriage. Can I conceive?

hi doctor.. i am 26 yrs old and diagnosed with rt side hydrosalphinx i also have PCOD ...dont kno the cause of hydrosalpinx, i never had any sexual contact with anyone so never have i had any misscarriage or MTPs, no any significant infection noticed yet.....plz tell me how much chance i have to conceive n what should i do, i am not married yet
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

Ovulation generally occurs alternatively from both ovaries.

When ovulation will occur from right ovary, it will not be available for fertilization, due to right side Hydrosalpinx.

But, when ovulation will occur from left ovary, it will be available for fertilization.

You should consult a Gynecologist and take treatment for PCOD.

If PCOD is treated properly, you may conceive through sex during fertile period of menstrual cycle.

Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, you can submit those with Healthcaremagic as well.

With good wishes,
Answered: Tue, 7 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor