Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed fistula. Noticing dots of blood. Surgery? Treatment? What to do? Nitroglicerine ointment cure?

I got anal fistula diagnosed last friday.about 5 months a go i had abcess which bursted by i remember i had like attack of anal pain few years a go which put me to bed for a week but after was kind of fine.but still getting dots of blood on the toilet papier especially after heavy food or drinking i live with that condition for years this stage doctor send me for mri scan and ultrasounds.and then he will decided what kind of surgery i do need.what are chances to treat that condition and what i have to do to help with nitroglicerine ointment good cure too?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Fistula-in-ano is a chronic condition and does not cure without surgery.
There are various tracts opening in anal canal giving rise to continuous pus drainage.
In surgery each tract is to be excised and make it open.
consult surgeon and seek his advice.
Avoid constipation.
Nitroglycerine cream is not going to help.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor