Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed facial neuropathy. Do I have symptoms of bowel cancer or peripheral neuropathy?

Hello Dr Grief, I am 58 yrs of age, Since being diagnosed with facial neuropathy which I understand is when body fat turns to fluid as in water, could this spread weakening muscle as since the day of diagnosis, I have been worrying as my left side has differed from the other in size and shape. My left breast is drooping more like a tear drop, it also feels as though the breast muscle has vanished turning to fluid as in body fluid , the same goes for my left buttock, plus my left leg appears larger or another descripson could be fuller, both thigh and calf , with fluid build up by ankle, there agin I had my left foot pressure taken to find when walking, my foot pressure is mainly on outer and then rolling over ball of foot leaving me with ,pain and discomfort, as all the symptoms are occurring on one side (left) I am concerned. Could Neuropathy play a part in causing my bowel motions go from normal to dairreah and back again over a period of 3-4 weeks. I was checked for diabeaties, and came back negative, so as you can see, alot is going on and my doc feels there is nothing to worry about, I trust him but am still worried there could be something else responsible for these synproms, maybe bowell cancer or perrippheral neuropathy Can you throw any light on this and have any suggestions of getting certain areas check to eliminate any possibilities. Thanking you for your time Megan
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello Megan
After reading your complaints, it is quite obvious that you have a left sided neuropathy. The altered bowel movements could be due to the neuropathy.
However, other possibilities to keep in mind are irritable bowel syndrome or some kind of growth in the bowel.
To know the exact picture you can go for colposcopy.
You will have to consult a gastroenterologist for the same

Take care
Answered: Thu, 23 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor