Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed as type two diabetic, now turned into type one diabetic. Can this occur?

I have been a diabetic since April 15 2011. When I was first diagnose I was told I had type 2, however today I saw a different doctor who told me that my type of diabetes was type 1. Does a person type of diabetes change? With type 2 diabetes I had a chance to beat it, with type 1 there is no way, right? My panics is to damage/ it won t ever work right again?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The type of diabetes doesn't change.
Yours was diabetes type 1 from the begining and it was misdiagnosed as type 2.
Generally whenever diabetes is diagnosed in young people,there is confusion regarding the type of diabetes.
There are special tests which are done to diagnose type 1 diabetes.
You should not panic.
Blood sugar levels are better controlled with injection insulin and patient is much better in this situation.

Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor