Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed as having porcelain Gallbladder, suggested for removal, high blood sugar. How to solve the problem.

Sir, I am diagnosed as having porcelain Gallbladder and doctor suggested for removal. I am also suffering from high blood sugar (146/276), Uric Acid (7.9) and Triglyceride . My age is 43 years. Sir, I am keen to know whether operation may be safe for me at this condition. Is there any other way to come out from this problem. Yours faithfully, Jayanta Ray Chaudhury
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi madam.
There are 2 options. You can wait and risk that porcealin gallbladder become malignancy or some other complications may develop. Secondly, you can undergo cholecystectomy which is recommended and indicated in this cases. I suggest to do it .this is a routine procedure can be done laparoscopicaly. YOu are young, sugar and lipids levels arent contraindication and dont have big impact on outcome so this is safe for you and I really think you should not be afraid of surgery. Wish you good health.
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Gastroenterologist, Surgical Dr. Ketan Vagholkar's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
Porcelain gall bladder is premalignant condition. It has to be removed at the earliest. Your blood sugars can easily controlled by insulin therapy. As soon as they are brought under control you can get operated. With a competent surgeon and good ICU back up for at least 3to 5 days you should be doing well.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Hari Charan Perigela's  Response
Porcelain gallbladder has to be removed as it can turn into cancer.
Blood sugar has to be controlled.
There is no medical treatment for porcelein gall bladder.
Please consult a good physician.
Proceed as per his advice and get fit for surgery
Nothing to worry
Your surgery will be successful
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor