Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed as BPH. Two TURP procedures done. Having painful urination. What should I do?

Due to grossly enlarged prostrate I have been diagonised as BPH. Two TURP procedures carried out. Since last TURP almost two years back due to blockage in penis when urinating particles shaped like magots noted even larger bloody pieces resembles rotten shredded meat pieces also noted. Need to drink at least 6ltrs daily for pain free urinating. What should I do. Have discussed with Urogolist who perfromed TURP R/x SODAMINT twice daily and bladder irrigation thru folley inserted below my belly button into bladder. Can urinate tru Penis mostly painfully in bladder mouth of urethera from bladder to penis. What to do. I am 74 years M.
Lawrence from Goa India.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone TURP twice for BEP. However you have difficulty in passing urine and now on Supra pubic catheterisation to drain your bladder
Please discuss with your Urologist the possibility of having stricture of urethra . Get your Retrograde Cysto urethrogram done to rule out stricture formation.

If positive explore the feasibility of doing Urethroplsty to solve the problem permanently.
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor