Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed PCOS, trying to conceive, no periods for two years. Loose weight, try clomid

i have been diagnosed with PCOS , after trying for our 2nd child for 2 years i havent ovulated or had a period in 2 years. my last depo injection was jan 2011 and have been using ovulation sticks daily and it has been negetive for ovulation. my doc put me on pervera to have a withdrawl bleed which lasted 10 days and that has been my only bleed since jan 2011. i have had a scan and all my blood work done and my husband sperm tests have come back normal so my gp has finally refered me to my gyno 24th of this month im wanting to try clomid but my doctor said because of my weight gain he doesnt think the gyno will give it to me. i have joined weight watchers as recommended by my gp and have records from weight watchers to show my weight loss will the gyno take this into consideration and consider me for clomid?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

Since all your blood reports and ultrasound reports are normal, you are most likely to be having unexplained infertility.
This is a type of infertility seen in 10 % of infertile couple.
You need to reduce your weight.
For unexplained infertility, clomifene citrate with IUI is treatment of choice.
Be positive and stress free.

Dr Nilofer
Answered: Fri, 15 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor