Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed IBS, diarrhea, constipation. On gluten free diet. help?

I have medically diagnosed IBS and have had it for many years. I m trying Colofac but find that my IBS has gone from diarrhoea every few days to diarrhoea/constipation. I ve been on a strict gluten free diet for many years after having a colonoscopy and gastroscoopy which showed the colon to be clear. I had a hydrogen breath test for gluten & at first things were better but now I don t know what I should be taking. My doctor is sick of me calling her and has asked me to come and see her on Monday. I think she ll say to go back to the gastroentrologist which I don t feel up to doing as I m so weak.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  169
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Thank for choosing, HCM, IBS (Irritable bowl syndrome) I personally believe that this term being used in absurd way, when word comes "syndrome" then it is obvious indication that the thing is very much complex in it self, with numbers of unproven reasons,, the symptoms of IBS greatly varies from person to person because it is highly depend upon your stress level, anxiety depression state,,just try one thing avoid it do not pay any attention and the see what happens, if you do not feel okay go to some good psychiatric,, have nice day
Answered: Mon, 15 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor