Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Diabities, hypertensive. Urine test shows pulse cells 18-20, keeps increasing, decreasing. What is the cure?

sir, i m 69 year old and i m diabities patient and hypertensive. my urine routine test shows pulse cells 18-20 after taking many anitbiotics for all most 2 months, these pulse cells keeps incresing and decreasing. Please advice( Other test reports are S. Creatinine 1.5, Blood urea 55) Doctors are giving many medicines. I am asymtomatic (feels good) Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Most urinary tract infections in diabetic patients are relatively asymptomatic. The presence of diabetes predisposes to much more severe infections, especially in patients with poor diabetic control, acute ketoacidosis, or diabetic complications such as nephropathy, vasculopathy and neuropathy. This asymptomatic infection can lead to severe kidney damage and cause renal failure.

Among the most striking effects of diabetes with regard to UTI appears to be the associated risk of infections progressing to complications or being due to unusual infecting organisms like non E coli bacteria,group B streptococci,candida albicans etc. Emphysematous cystitis and pyelonephritis, relatively rare infections, occur almost exclusively in diabetic patients . Other clinical manifestations that are unique or strongly associated with diabetes include abscess formation and renal papillary necrosis.
What to do...
Control your sugar tightly.
Antibiotics to be given according to the culture of urine
Must get CT scan of abdomen done.
You should be jointly managed by diabetologist and a nephrologist.
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
From your history and reports it seems that you are having problem in your kidney.
There are all chances of having enlarge prostate.
Consult Urologist and get investigated with ultra sound and other investigations.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor