Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Diabetic patient having knee pain, please help

My Mom is having severe pain in her knees since a long time, we have tried all the medicines for her, shall I go for the physiotherapy or homeopathic treatment for i, please help which one will be suitable & useful...Regards
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  251
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcum to healthcaremgic
being a physiotherapist, i m suggesting u to go for physiotherapy.
ur mom problem seems to be an arthritis, for arthritic pain we r using sum electrotherapeutic modality and performing sum manipulation technique .
by which pain and stiffness will cum down, and joints become more mobile.
in arthritis the joint gap reduced, by exercises we r giving strenth to the surrounding muscle , to maintain the stability of the joint.
i hv no idea how homeopathy maintain the gap of the joint, along wid physiotherapy u can consult a homeopthy doc also. tht will help u more.
tk cr
Answered: Fri, 20 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello dear.. go for homeoaphtic treatment it will be of great help to her.. she will be releived of the pain .. no replacement required or physiotherapy
homeoapthic medicine rsafe,sure n faster results..
god bless
Answered: Wed, 23 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
she might be suffering from Osteo-arthritis knee joint, since it start early in diabetic patients. Get the latest X-rays done of both knees in erect position & send me them at
By seeing X-rays only I can suggest whether she needs knee replacement or not
Take Care
Answered: Sun, 20 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
I am 51 years old and have severe pain in my knee joint as well as in my thighs. I am diabetic also. I have tried several treatments and medicines but nothing works. Please advice what should I do...
Answered: Fri, 20 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care majic.If she is aged then first possibility is degeneration in the joint due to aging.Medicines offer only temporary relief.If she is over weight make her reduce weight.Tight control of diabetes is must.You also make sure she does knee exercise in consultation with physiotherapist and your doctor.Use more of local analgesics rather then oral medicines to avoid side effects.
Answered: Sat, 19 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor