Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Diabetic, not dependent on unsulin or medicines, tests showed high blood sugar level. What can be done?

Yes. I rec d a call from a friend in a rural county. She is a type 2 diabetic (non-insulin; non-meds). Her blooks sugar is 380. I suggested she call her physician and/or go to an ER. She is frightened to travel 1 hour to the Er I suggest 1) take blood sugra test by monitor; 2) frink water; 3) eat 1 cup cottage cheese and 4) re-take blood sugar level. What else can she do? thank you. Gracious Palmer 530-510-1785 YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The sugar levels of your friend are very high and she can not be treated just by home measures.
She requires urgent attention by a physician.
There is no need to take cottage cheese.
Ask her to avoid sugar and take small frequent meals but go to the doctor as early as possible.
Answered: Sun, 12 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor