Diabetic, had fibrocystic disease of the breast. What tests should be conducted to deduct cancer early?

There is a strong history of breast cancer in my family. Before menopause. I have had fibrocystic disease of the breast with 5 biopsies. I also have very dense breast tissue. I am a diabetic as well. My age is 69 years old. What kind of test or tests should I have to catch an early cancer. My doctors aren't too willing to provide more than one test, once a years. Such as a mammogram with CAD. I worry about cancer a lot the older I get. what are your recommendations?
Thu, 9 Jan 2014