Diabetic and have had kidney transplant. Am i sick due to bacteria?

I ama diabetic for 25 years and ive had a kidny transplant reciently i was hospitalised and very sick im better now but I want back to have blood cultures and a urine sample don well they said they found somrthing out of the ordinary in my urine some strange bacteria that requires more antibiotics putting me on Augmentin for two weeks 3 times aday could you tell me what this is called and how i recieved it?
Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response
Hi.

The reasons for you getting infected by any new bacteria easily is because you are given immunosupression medications for you to adjust well with the new transplanted kidney. Sometimes even a bacteria, which otherwise does not cause any infective illenss in a normal human, can cause infection in persons who have been taking immunosuppression therapy. And hence you might have got the infection. Your doctors must have checked well that Augmentin is the drug of choice to fight against that infection and hence you are on that. Take care and do write back for any further query.