Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Diabetic. Urine test shows HBA1C shows 8%. Increase insulin dosage?

I am a diabetic patient of age 44 and taking insuline twice a day(25+10) My urine lab result shows the following; PUS CELLS : 4-6/HPF R.B.C : 3-5/HPF CASTS: ABSENT CRYSTALS: ABSENT EPITHELIAL CELLS : FEW Is this result normal and please check. And My Haemoglobin A1c : 8% Is this level high and should I increase the insuline dosage
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Diabetologist 's  Response
as for as the results rbcs should not be there and pus cells 2 to 4 is normal . but you have both rbcs and pus cells not much ofcourse. but better to have a urine culture and sensitivity and take appropriate antibiotic for a short time. and again recheck your urine after this treatment . about your HbA1c its a bit high means your average sugar for the past 60 to 90 days is around 200 to 250 mg . wat are the other oral antidiabetic drugs you are taking. instead of increasing insulin you can add a or al senditizer like metformin for next 3 months and recheck your HbA1c. dont worry its easy to control your sugar because you have accepted insulin.
all the best keep in touch
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Gopal Krishnam Raju's  Response
he should be put on anti biotics like norflox 400 twice daily 1week try to make 28+11 :)
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor