Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Diabetes since years, has high sugar level in recent months, acute anxiety, no improvement with insulin. Suggestive treatment?

my Mother Age 65 is Diabetic for past 10 Years. her sugar levels have gone up for the last 6 Months. Consulting Doctor put her on Insulin ( Humolog) 50 mg Morning & 30 Mg Evening. Her sugar levels are still shooting up. Fasting in range of 250-270 & evening in range 0f 350 -385. she also feels acute anxiety at times. Pls suggest.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Wecome to HCM,
Your mother is having uncontrolled diabetes,we have seen patients of diabetes are reluctant to tke insulin for control of blood sugar,they take it when sugar level is very high or there are complications.
She should take care of her diet and should take up walking daily and should not worry too much.
Humalog is good insulin and may be after dose adjustment she wil have control of her blood sugar level.
She may have glucotoxicity that is once her blood sugar level comes near normal her dose of insulin may come down also, have patience and conult your Endocrinologist/Physician.
She may change site of insulin injections,to have better absorption.
If Any antidiabetic drug is given she can take sensitizers to have better effect of insulin
Good Luck to her.
Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor