Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Deviated nasal septum, how to straighten the nose ?

Suffered from nose block very frequently. in spring and winter i hat to inhale vaporubs everyday. this is from my school days. i recently took up software job and i have health insurance. i visited a doctor as part of corporate health check up. i told him this problem. he just put torch in my nose and told my nose is curved. it need to be corrected by surgery. my nose is straight only. he said the internal nose is curved. but putting torch only he told this. now i am worried. how to straighten the nose do any body know about this
Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Do i also have the same problem like yours, Oh! iam really worried
  User's Response
thank god you people also are suffering the same problem which i had. i thought only me suffer this. my problem was since 18 years. it got so worsened that i need to take off from work many times i had this nose block. steam inhalation worked for only few days. after that it had no effect. drugs and drops in nose really worked. after two months it stoped working, than again new nose drops and tablets. i had to carry that drops all the time with me.fed up with this i decided to undergo surgery. the doctors put be to sleep and what they did i dont know. they made me breath in mouth for three four days. than i went back home. after 6 months the problem came back again. i went to my surgeon. he said its nothing and there is some swelling in nose that is because of altered air flow mechanics. in few days it will be ok. he said not to take any drugs.2 years after this now i feel very much relieved. surgery has worked for me. it takes time to see the effects of surgery.
  User's Response
Hi, even i had a deviation in the septum of the nose, ENT doctor had adivised me for a nasal surgery called septoplasty. i underwent the surgery, i had no complication while or during the surgery. later doctor had advised me few nose drops and tablets. i took the full course of it, i was fine no cold, running nose or any problem. for first 10 months i was enjoying the days i was having cold foods and hot foods with out any diet restrictions. after 10 months the cold, running nose, nose block started again. so surgery was only a temproary relief. doctor said its allergy, and best way to treat allergy is prevention of dust, i avoid cold foods, oily foods and others. now better than before, so try natural methods, green leaf vegetables and fresh fruits to be consumed a lot.
  User's Response


I have got the same problem and breathing is get worse this winter.Anyone please refer to the best doctor who can get me relieved from this problem.




Allergist and Immunologist Dr. V.Victoria's  Response
HI,How long is yourProblem?It can be ? allergic.go for a CT PNS study &nasal endoscopy Before going for surgery if indicated.
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Jyothi Kumari's  Response
you probably have a deviated nasal septum for which you need to get a Septoplasty done,which is done under local or general anaesthesia.better done wth local anaesthesia.may or may not have an external deviation too but not obviosly in your,we remove the bent parts of the nasal partition,so that your airway will become satisfactory.usually a simple uncomplicated surgery..donot is done with incision inside nose,no external scar will be there.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor