• question-icon

Developed skin rash while on Bumex tab. Side effect of medication?

My mother has recently developed a skin rash on her back while on bumex 2mg.on since august 10. She had no rash before she started to go out in backyard and in the sun for 30mins or more.She has had a skin rash due to sulfa drus taliken once about 40yrs ago.She thinks the Bumetadine is causing her rash.What do you think ?
Mon, 30 Sep 2013
Hi any drug can cause rash.yes the drug might have caused rash in this case.as rash appeared after going to sunlight.it indicates it is a phototoxic drug..use atarax 25 mg at night to relieve from itching .a antibiotic like azithromycin 500mg od for three days and application of calamine lotion can cure it.if no response try oral steriods