Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Developed painful boils filled with pus mixed with blood after quitting meth. Very bad and big under the skin leaving purple scars. Cure for boils?

after i quit using meth about 5 years ago i developed boils on my inner thighs. they get really bad sometimes and really big under the skin (sometimes up to the size of a golf ball) they never come to a head so i cannot pop them and they leave really bad purple scars and sometimes indents. i have seen doctor after doctor and dermatologists too and no one can figure out what my problem is. they are really painful and they come one at a times sometimes and sometimes i will have multiple at one time. when i can pop them this liquid that looks like blood mixed with puss pours out. can you please help me
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  448
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

You might have developed furuncles.

These are deep bacterial infections.

Treatment is with antibiotics but the choice of antibiotics should be based on culture and sensitivity tests.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you

Answered: Mon, 18 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor