Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Developed lactose intolerance after childbirth. Stomach pain and loose stools after consuming diary products. Is there any tests to be done?

Hey there Dr. Ever since I gave birth to my daughter 8 months ago I am fairly certain I have become lactose intolerant. After eating dairy I get agonizing stomach pain, gurgling noises and eventually spontaneously watery poo. Should I stop eating dairy all together? Is there a test I can have to prove my theory? Thankyou
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

There are two tests used in lactose intolerance.

Lactose tolerance blood test
Hydrogen breath test

The hydrogen breath test is the preferred method. It measures the amount of hydrogen in the air you breathe out.

I think you can discuss this with your doctor and get investigations done.After tests you can decide about eating dairy products.

Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor