• question-icon

Detected with hepatitis A. SGPT increased to 634. Should be worried ?

On 27th February,I ve been detected with hepatitis A and at that time, according to LFT some of the parameters were Total Bilirubin : 2.7 Direct Bilirubin:2.7 SGPT( ALT ) serum : 1120 SGOT (AST) serum : 190 Alkaline phosphet serum : 220 Globulin : 2.6 SGGT : 170 on 16th March the report was Total Bilirubin : 1 Direct Bilirubin:0.4 SGPT(ALT) serum: 200 SGOT (AST) serum : 92 Alkaline phosphet serum 213: Globulin :2.7 SGGT :Not known Now again SGPT increases to 634. I m worried
Thu, 27 Mar 2014
Dear Friend.
Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Hepatitis A can cause serious rise in liver enzymes.
We advise admission at this level due to risk of hypoglycemia, bleeding and encephalopathy.
I would advise you to get a PT/INR done and also make sure you don't get constipated. In case admission is not possible do take a lot of glucose orally.
Also, you may take Syp Lactulose 30 ml Twice a dayy, so that you pass 2-3 loose stools per day to prevent encephalopathy.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD