Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
122 Doctors are Online

Desiccated L5/S1, posterocentral protrusion, mild diffuse bulge indenting theca, pain in legs. Treatment for spinal problems?

I have been recently diagonised having Desiccated L5/S1 disc having mild broad based posterocentral protrusion with annular tear indenting the theca . L4/L5 with mild diffuse buldge indenting the theca, but no compression on nerve root or neural foraminal compromise what should I do? I am doing exercises for the past three months. It was ok after 45 days to 65 days. But again pain started in the legs
Tue, 6 May 2014
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
I am sorry for the symptoms you are suffering
It is recommended that you put a lumbar fortress and use pain killer to avoid pain
In my opinion if there is no spinal stenosis or motor deficits avoid surgery.
I think you will be fine if you protect yourself from physical stress, use lumbar fortress and pain killer
Best regards
Dr Eris Ranxha
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor