Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Depression, chest pain, unable to comprehend what others talk. Suggestions?

Hello Doc my mother got depressed due to some reason and she is not able to overcome it. when she gets well for a few minutes then also she is not able to understand what others are saying ...she says that her brain has been chocked by something(that s what she feels inside her head) and some pain starts there in her chest portion. please help me what to do in such circumstances do i have to take her to a psychiatrist?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

welcome to healthcare magic

If you can describe your mother's condition in detail.....i can guide you better

However, as per your description, consult a psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and management ........... but before consulting a psychiatrist, visit a general physician once to rule out any medical illness (as she has chest pain)

Good Luck

Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question.

I appreciate your concern for your mother's health condition. The symptoms which you have described seem to be indicative of an underlying psychiatric or a neurological problem. In order to find out about this, she needs a detailed evaluation including a neurological examination, a psychological assessment and some lab investigations. I would advise you to take her to a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation and further treatment.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
You have rightly concluded...
There is no other way except to take her to a Psychiatrist. She seems to have hallucinations or paranoid ideas. Earlier, the better
. A general medical examination and some basic blood tests by your GP or internist will be the first step
A neurological examination and scan may be necessary to exclude organic brain lesion - a treatable lesion should not be missed
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor