Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Depressed due to personal and professional reasons. Suicidal thoughts pop up easily. What can help me stabilize?

Hi doctor i m currently in very depessed state bcoz of my career as well as my personal life. My life was so good till april,and the storm starts attacking me from may. I am in love with my sister husband s brother,he only proposed me i also had some soft corner on him so i said ok to him ,days went he talked about sexual matters and all with me,and also he used to say i am ur husband y u r hesitating to talk about this matter nu,i was really mad on him,he made me mad on him.........and also whenever i go to their home we had sex without others knowledge, all of a sudden one day he came to me and told to forgot him,i begged him for not to say lke this.......... but after that he went to his mom and told that that girl(ME) is forcing to marrying him nu, i came to know this through my sister, and also he said to my brother in law that he is in love with another girl...........after i heard this i am feeling completely down thought to commit suicide . But bcz for my family i should live,i am the only source of income to my family,i am working in a MNC company, due to some problems i am enforced to resign my job by my HR,now i dont know where to go and what to do? pls kindly help me in this........
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  5 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. I understand the multiple stressors you are passing through currently. I would suggest you meet a trained clinical psychologist for stress management as well as supportive psychotherapy. You would also require a thorough psychiatric evaluation for depression and stress related disorders so that management can be planned accordingly. Have hope in life that you will have a great life ahead.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question...

I understand what you are going through. It must be very difficult to face these stressors one after the other. But please remember that this is just a passing phase in life and if you just stay afloat for a while, these difficulties will soon pass. You need to seek help for your depressive feelings and suicidal thoughts. So, please consult a psychiatrist at the earliest. You will need counselling to help you manage your stress and sometimes, medication may be required for a short while. Also, please keep talking to someone close (a relative or a friend) about your difficulties and feelings. It will help you offload some of your burden at least. Most importantly, please remember that though your future seems very dark and meaningless now, all these feelings will pass away with time and remember, you have a great life ahead.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sun, 14 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response

welcome to health care magic

first of all, discuss all the stuff with someone so that you relax yourself (preferrably your sister) and find a one can play with other's feelings like this

Secondly consult a psychiatrist and get some medication and psychotherapy sessions to get out of the problem

Try relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation and deep breathing etc...

Good Luck


Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
This is Reactive DEPRESSION.
you MUST see a PSYCHIATRIST - they are the best people for counselling in such matters.
Especially so and earlier the better - because of suicidal intentions.
There are also social activists and support groups in most areas. They could also help
Take at least one member of your close family into confidence; they also can support
You may also seek legal opinion...
Take care
God bless you
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. A K M Wasim Rahman's  Response
Hi sumitha
I know this time is very hard for you. But believe all will be well soon.
However after knowing your problem I personally feel that to come out from this sort of frustated life you need to take a Multidisciplinary Approach which will be very helpful for you. What is it?
Let me explain.
This sort of anxiety and depression occurs due to imbalance in the Neurotransmitter (Chemicals that act on nerve and brain). Several social factor like unfortunate events, problem in relationship, history of past bad events, your surroundings as well as medical condition may contribute to this abnormality of chemicals.
1. MEDICINE- supplement those chemicals from outside actually or functionally. However in difficult cases medicine can cure upto 50 to 60 %. But you have to keep patience because for severe depression you need to take those for 9 to 12 months and that also should be ragular.
2. COUNSELING- which will change your approach to several problems in life which will help you 20 to 30%.
3. Finally your surrounding social-economical pressure, relationship, other stressful events contribute to the rest 10 to 20%. This you can not change directly but can alter to some extent by life style modification.
so if you approach in this manner it will be easy for you to get the solution quickly and then getting back to your normal healthy life will be just a matter of time.
THANK YOU. Best of luck. You can contact me on my site
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor