Dental implant done, elevated platelet count, not responding to Hydrea. Related?

My question is related to a dental bone graft procedure using platelet rich plasma undergone prior to a dental implant . The implant was then completed without known complications. A couple months after the procedure i had an elevated platelet count (600,000). Followup labs revealed a continuing elevation in my platelets (1,200,000) and resulted in a referral to a hematologist who after a bone marrow biopsy ultimately diagnosed the problem as essential thrombocytothemia. A year later the problem persists and is not responding well to oral Hydrea. My question: is there any research that would suggest a link between the bone graft procedure and a subsequent increase in patient platelet production.
Mon, 23 Dec 2013