Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Dengue fever, rashes on scalp, body. HIV mouth swath test negative. Causes?

I had dengue fever in July, but since the fever I had rashes that continued for 2 weeks, after that I experienced rashes in the scalp , and body, it is October now, I am still experiencing them. I had blood test to monitor my platelets count,ma friend said I experienced Rashes that is similar to HIV , I even had my mouth swath test for HIV and is negative
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

I wonder whether it has any relation to Dengue at all. Just because a thing happened after another, it does not mean that the first one is the cause of second > it could be a mistaken assumption - "post hoc ergo propter hoc" (after this therefore because of this).
It will be wiser to see a dermatologist.
If necessary have more tests.
There are several reasons for a rash / there are several kinds of rashes!

Take care
Wishing you speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 27 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Fescrap

I understand your anxiety. I am sure you must have visited your doctor rather than just having worries and imaginations. As Dengue is due to viral infection and mainly symptomatic treatment or supportive treatment is given, basic question still remains for building up immunity. Any sever viral infection affects general debility and can cause opportunistic infections due to low immunity. Hence care is required in convalescence period with regards to rest, liquids and nourishment.

Rashes are similar of what u had while dengue or they may be due to other causes as immunity is compromised after infection. Best is to get examined and diagnosed. In any condition you need to improve your immunity to fight back and also to prevent recurrence and of course to remain healthy. Homoeopathy can provide it as it is a holistic medical therapy. You may consult your doctor or nearby good homoeopath. Get well soon


- Dr Kamlesh Mehta
Answered: Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor