Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Dengue fever, leg pain, joint pain. Taking artologist medicine. Blood test normal. Treatment?

my son of nine years old has recovered from dengue fever on 23 august .he has been dischared on that day but he still having severe leg pains from knees to toes .we went to ruemotologist he has blood test but every test was normal. but he has given trail artologist medicines for a week my son s joint pains has gone but he is having severe leg pains please give me suggestion regarding food and what to do.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing back.
The joint pain and the pain in the legs do continue for a while after the person recovers from dengue and chikungunya. These usually become ok by themselves and nothing as such needs to be done. If the pain is severe, your son can take Tablet crocin 1 tablet as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).
This will become ok on its own. Nothing special needs to be done.
As far as the food is concerned, a balanced diet is required. Make sure he has plenty of iron ( found in legumes, dals, non vegetarian foods) and folic acid ( found in fruits and vegetables) to make sure he's able to make the platelets again.
Thats all thats required
Hope that helps
Answered: Mon, 1 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor