Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, used contraceptive, brownish flow. Solution?

What is the cause of delay and irregularity in menstrual periods? I am 26 & had taken contraceptive pill after sex last month, was getting a brownish flow around one week before my scheduled dates, then after the flow was not continuous as earlier. Now at the expected time, i am not getting my menstral flow. Can anyone provide a solution?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016

Following taking emergency pill, period may be delayed or irregular due to hormonal imbalance and mental stress.

You got brownish flow which is withdrawal bleeding of the pill. It is quite common and natural phenomena.

Your period may be delayed for 1-2 weeks from expected due date. You need to undergo one home pregnancy test in case of delayed more than 1 wk.

Practice safe sex in future. Avoid mental stress. Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 23 Oct 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor