Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, trying to conceive. On thyronorm medication. Blood test needs to be done. History of thyroid, PCOD. Pregnancy chances?

hi........ iam from XXXXXX. I have irregular periods before marriage itself but now it has become more worse. It gets late for a duration of 2 months or 1 month; it differs. When i get periods it lasts for several days. We would like to have a child as quick as possible. Its our 1st anniversary at coming August. I suffer from PCOD and thyroid hormone fluctuations leading to cholesterol of about 265; known after blood test and scanning. Doctor asked me to do mandatory exercise & check for strict food habits. He gave thyronorm tablets and asked for a blood test after 6 weeks. Is it possible to have a baby with out medications . Highly concentrating on regular exercise & good foods can correct all the disorders. Please mail me.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Dear ma'm, hi! life is posing challenges for everybody. take it easy. it is true that you can coneive with PCOD, high cholesterol and thyroid disorder. but you need to work hard. regular exercise, diet control and medicines to control thyroid balance, statins to lower cholesterol, and metformin for PCOD should solve your problems . regards!
Answered: Wed, 30 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor