Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, trying to conceive. Negative pregnancy test. History of miscarriage. Measures to improve fertility?

Dear Doctor, my period is late for 11days, i check in test (pregancy test) in which it is negative, so how should i know that i m pregnant , plz doctor help me out i am trying to conceive from 6 month, but no more result is coming. My age is 25, 2 yr back i suffered from miscarrage also, the period for my marriage is about to complete 6 family are blaming me regarding baby. plz help me out.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi Sonu.

Thanks for the query.

Have you put on weight recently ?

Any hair growth on your chin recently ?

There could be many causes for delayed periods like emotional stress, lack of sleep, hormonal disorders like Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD, ovarian disorders etc.

Eat a balanced diet. Drink 1-2 litres of water daily. Do daily brisk walking for 40 minutes a day. Do Yoga everyday. Sleep for 6-8 hours a day. Try to reduce stress at work by taking frequent breaks or reducing work hours. All this will reduce stress and help in maintaining normal menstrual cycles.

You will need to consult a Gynecologist and get an ultrasound scan of your pelvic organs including ovaries, uterus. This will be able to find out any problems with these organs. You may also require to test hormones like FSH, LH, Estrogen, Progesterone, Androstenedione, Thyroid hormones as all these can affect periods and fertility as well.

If pregnancy test is negative, it is usually correct. If you have doubts, kindly get Beta hCG level tested at a Hospital as this is more accurate to diagnose pregnancy.

Kindly follow up with me after you consult your Gynecologist for good advise.

Wishing speedy recovery.


Answered: Fri, 20 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor