Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, test negative, mild cramps

Hi. Im 23 and have always had regular periods. This month i have now 6 days late. I have taken 4 HPT and all have come back negative. I have been having very mild cramps for about 3 days now. I keep thinking it will come but when i wake it hasnt. I need to know if this is something real serious or is it most likely that i am pregnant and not far enough along that the HPT is catching it.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Nowadays HPT are sensitive enough to detect very early pregnancy. If you have missed a period,then the test should have picked it up if you were pregnant. With 4 tests negative,its unlikely that you are pregnant. If you havent got your period, within another week, take another test. I assume you will get your period by then. If not, see you doctor for medication as well as further testing.
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor