Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, pregnancy symptoms. Pregnancy tests show mixed results. Pregnant?

hi, i m 7 weeks late for my period. i m normally regular every month, i ve had some pregnancy symptoms and taken 5 tests over the past 5 weeks, 3 have come back negative and two have come back with a faint positive line. i m booked in with the doctor s for friday but worried if it s not a pregnancy what else could it be. thanks
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
sometimes urine pregnancy test kits cannot detect early pregnancy due to low HCG levels or sometimes they can also give false positive results,
so after consulting your doctor you better go for blood test for pregnancy which can possibly detect low levels of HCG also,
in case of negative test if your doctor suggests you can go for ultrasound and hormonal evaluation also which will clarify other reasons for delayed periods.
take care.

Answered: Sun, 15 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor