Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, negative pregnancy test. Scheduled blood test. What will be done?

I am going to the OBGYN tomorrow because I am a week late on my period and i feel like I am pregnant. All of the symptoms are there. The only thing is that all the pregnancy tests that I have taken are coming back negative. They did not order a blood test just told me that I should come in. What will they do at my visit?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Since you have a delayed period with repeated negative pregnancy tests, your doctor will try to establish the presence or absence of a pregnancy through a physical evaluation and a trans-vaginal sonogram; blood test for estimation of serum beta-hCG titres, coupled with these, is always helpful. If pregnancy is excluded by all these means, it remains to be seen if there is any hormonal imbalance that could have caused this delay through further investigations. Finally, you may be suggested some form or hormones to induce a period or treat any imbalances. Hope this helps.
Answered: Wed, 26 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor