Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, mild cramping, light brown discharge, partner has undergone vasectomy. Pregnancy chance?

Hello, I was scheduled to have my menses on 5 jan 13. First day of last cycle was 10 Dec 12. For the last 3 days have been having mild cramping but only light,scant barely brown discharge . I took a preg test on day 2 of the scant brown discharge. I have always been regular and had similiar episode when I was pregnant with my son. However my husband had a vasectomy 2yrs ago!! I have not cheated on him so I m a lil confused. I have read online that pregnancy can occur post op vasectomy .. So what shall I do? Play the wait game and take another test in a few more days?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
As you said that is the only alternative, if it is confirmed, you have to get his semen examined, for confirming the failure of the vasectomy operation.
Any how as there is no betray from your side, be confident, and brave.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts,and
protein rich foods to have a good health.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Sree Gouri SR's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Pregnancy after vasectomy is rare.
If failure of vasectomy occurs usually that will occur after few months of surgery.
It is rare to have failure of surgery after years.
Scanty flow in periods is called hypomenorrhea.
This can occur due to many causes like hormonal imbalance, thyroid abnormalities, anemia etc.
Brown color usually indicates collected blood.
You once go for blood test for pregnancy.
If the test comes negative, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
If scanty flow repeats in next cycles, consult gynecologist and get evaluated.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor