Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, abdominal pain. Negative home pregnancy tests. Pregnant?

Hello, I had a hsg test a few weeks ago and all seemed normal. My period was due 3 days ago and is usually like clockwork to the day. Home pregnancy tests result in a negative. Am having period pain like symptoms for few days now but no sign of period starting. Could I be pregnant or does the test delay aperiod? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response

Welcome to HCM forum

Delayed periods with negative pregnancy test, negative blood tests means there are less chances of pregnancy but to be more careful you can repeat the test after a week if periods do not start.

Try to find out the cause for delayed periods which can be anemia , stress , hypothyroidism and polycystic ovaries etc.

For these investigations should be done under doctor's guidance.

Test does not delay the periods.

Best wishes
Answered: Sat, 22 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor