Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods. Pregnancy test report negative. How to regularize periods?

Hi Doctor I got married in Jan 12. I used to get delayed periods earlier also but no other problems. Even after marriage i get delayed periods. I got my last periods on 30th Aug. Its 11th Oct but i have still not got my periods. My pregnancy test is - ve. Is there something i can do to regularise my periods? Does my delay in periods related to some issue in my internal body? Please guide me. Awaiting your response. Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Well since you have got delayed cycles , you need to do a few tests like a serum prolactin, a TSH and a fasting plasma insulin ( must do if you are obese or having a family history of diabetes).I think if every thing comes out to be normal, you can take cyclical pills which may help you if you don't want a pregnancy at present. But if you want a preganacy, you need to have ovarian stimulation with follicular study and timed intercourse .good luck .bye
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor