Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods. Had unprotected sex. Pregnancy test positive. Shocked? Suggest

Hi doctor, i am 20 yr old. I have sex with my boyfriend last month and in the meanwhile my menstrual cycle exceed probably around 40 days from the lastone i had. Today 21 april 2013 i checked the pregnancy test and found i am positive. now i am shocked and wants the unwanted child to asbort immediately.Dear doctor could you please help me
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response

It would be dangerous to prescribe you medications directly.

First of all I would suggest you to go for ultrasonography of the pelvis to know the location of the pregnancy.

Meet your doctor with the report for further advice on medications for abortion as it has to be taken under supervision as there are many side effects of it and if you start bleeding heavily you might need hospitalization or even surgical evacuation.

Don't worry, take care.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor