Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, HPT negative. Any other tests for confirmation ?

Hi... my last period was on Jan 10th and yet to get my period now.... its 15 days delay with urine pregnency result shows negative...... Same happened last time also.... my pregnency was detected only after two and half months of my missed period...... I feel all pregnancy symtoms.....but urine test at home showing you suggest any test where my pregnancy gets confirmed ......pls help
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2016

You can confirm your pregnancy by blood test for beta-HCG or TVS scan. These are 100% reliable test in confirming pregnancy.

There are some other reasons of delayed period like progesterone deficient, mental stress, ovarian cyst, hypothyroid state, over wt, high prolactin etc.

If blood test or scan report is negative for pregnancy, you must consult with gynecologist for proper clinical examination and relevant investigation to rule out the underlying cause. Take suggestive treatment accordingly.

Take balanced diet with vitamin & iron supplements, control body wt and avoid mental stress. Hope, it helps for you.
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor